- The Information Our Website Receives and How It Is Used
- The Information Received by the Ad Networks Operating On our Website
- Users’ Comments
- Links to Other Websites
- Rights and Choices of California Residents
- California Residents’ Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
- Deletion Request Rights of California Residents
- Non-Discrimination against California Residents
The Information Our Website Receives and How It Is Used
In order to boost how effectively we are able to serve consumers such as yourself, it is important that we collect some basic information whenever you access our site. At the same time, we are able to promise you that none of the information we collect is sensitive, or would make you as an individual identifiable in our system.
One of the most crucial pieces of information that our server will find through your use of our services is your Internet Protocol Address, also known as your I.P. Address. Your I.P. Address is a unique label that your electronic device has on your internet network. By collecting this data we are able to roughly determine your location, making it possible for us to monitor which areas of the country find our services the most valuable. This makes it easier for us to create content and services that are more precise and tailored to your individual needs.
On certain occasions we may be required to share this demographic information with members of our marketing team, however, while doing so we will also ensure your personal privacy. At no point will any of your personal information, including your I.P. Address location, be made available to our team for their use. In doing so we can guarantee that your personal identity will be kept confidential.
The Information Received by the Ad Networks Operating On our Website
While they do not have access to your personal information there are also advertising networks affiliated with our website. These networks work on providing advertisements that can be located on the sides of our webpages. When accessing our site these advertising networks will gather some information that allows them to know which products you will most likely have an interest in, and therefore which products to display in their advertisements. Although this information collected can not personally identify you as a user, you have the ability to opt-out of personalized advertisements at any point in time. There will however still be general advertisements displayed on our site pages.
At our site users such as yourself have the ability to leave comments that help us learn what type of content you would like to see in the future, as well what kinds of questions you still have unanswered as you leave our site. Overall this makes it easier for us to learn how to better serve you in a helpful and efficient manner.
We would like to note that we are not responsible for any personal information posted in the comments, including if said information is used by a third-party. However, we do still maintain the right to take down or edit any content that we feel is inappropriate for our website. This way we can maintain a comment section that supports clean language and overall helpfulness.
On our site there are links to various outside sources and websites that we feel can improve your experience with our content. We would like to note that many of these sites, such as Facebook, will require you to enter your personally identifiable information to proceed with their use. This information includes things such as your full name, phone number, address, email address, and links to your existing social media accounts.
Rights and Choices of California Residents
If you are currently living in California then there are some special rights that you as a California resident have in regard to your personal information and how it is used. These rights are not extended to B2B personal information and may not apply to all residents. Continue reading to find out how these rights apply to you and your personal information.
California Residents’ Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
If these rights apply to you then it is within your legal right to request a copy of all the data we have collected from you through your continued use of our website’s services over the course of the past twelve months. In order to begin the process of requesting your copy of the data, we must first verify that you are in fact the user in question.
After this verification has been completed we are able to begin distributing to you the following data based on your request:
- The categories that your provided personal information falls into.
- The purpose behind our collection of said personal information.
- What types of third parties we have shared your personal information with.
- Which specific pieces of data we have collected about you.
Two lists that confirm:
- We have not sold your personal information.
- What categories each recipient of your data falls into.
Deletion Request Rights of California Residents
Once you have completed your request to obtain copies of your collected personal information you also have the option to request that the information be deleted as well. In order to have this done, you will need to directly contact the school in your area. To begin this process we must once again confirm your identity before we are able to proceed.
After this verification is finished we will thoroughly delete your collected data except for areas where the data is crucial for us to:
- Complete the transaction that we collected the personal information for, provide you with a requested product or service, take actions that can be reasonably anticipated during our business relationship, or otherwise complete a contract that we have established with you.
- Identify and seek legal action against fraudulent, deceptive, and/or illegal activity committed during our business relationship.
- Correct program errors that are affecting the pre-existing intended functionality of our website, content, and services.
- Exercise our right to freedom of speech and ensure that the rights of another consumer are not being violated during the process.
- Engage in public, peer-reviewed, historic, and other statistical research that is important for the public interest and that adheres to all ethics and privacy laws.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation that we have to another consumer or outside party.
- Make other important, internal, and lawful uses of your personal information that are compatible with the context that you provided it in.
We also choose to exercise our right to limit the deletion of personal information up to the fullest extent that is legally acceptable.
Non-Discrimination against California Residents
Our company would like to make it known that we will not deny you any goods or services for exercising your CCPA rights. In accordance with these rights we will not:
- Deny you any goods or services based on your state of residence.
- Charge you a different price than we would residents from another state, impose increased penalties, or prevent you from participating in our discounts.
- Provide you with a lower-quality of goods or services.
- Imply that your costs will exceed our standard rates, or that your received goods will be of a lower quality than that of other state residents.
Despite this, we can, and may, still legally offer you incentives that could overall cause a fluctuation in our rates, prices, and quality levels. These incentives will be reasonable and not cause a dramatic increase in overall costs, or a dramatic decrease in the quality of the goods and services that you receive from our company.
This page is also available in Spanish.